Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Money for nothing

YAY! or so i thought. I got my first comment just now, and it was SPAM! someone looking for easy ways to make money, and then telling me how I can make $900 by just having fun. I can think of several ways. I dont think I wanna go there though...

But anyways, i thought maybe it would be a good challenge, ways to make money.... Im going to see if I can think of at least ten. Keep my only commentor happy.

  1. Get a job! Simple, easy, effective. Tried and tested.
  2. Get your flatmate to make fudge, package it attractively, sell it on the beach. The key to this is to get your flatmate to do it. If you do it yourself, it can be a disaster. Trust me.
  3. Beg. Do NOT at any stage while begging use the words "I beg of you" though. Its just not right. There is a guy who begs down our street, and the second he says "please, i beg of you, i plead of you" the wallet stays in my bag. I dont know what it is about those sentences, it could be the way he says them, but make sure you have an appropriate begging routine. Ask for money for food, or petrol, or so that you dont have to eat your kitten.... anything but the beg word
  4. Design cards and sell them. I bought one of these today, the guy had a brilliant sales technique as well. First he complimented me (always do that) then he told me they were selling cards to raise money so that they didnt have to go on the dole. Now thats something i can get behind. And the cards were all purpose, and the guy was nice. It was a very appealing overall package.
  5. Never overlook the possibility of counterfeit. Now thats making money. You can make however much you like. A good hint though is to use that money in smaller stores. Or use it in conjunction with real money to make it less obvious.
  6. Sell all of your stuff. Then use all the money you just made replacing all your stuff.
  7. Go to the reserve bank of mum and dad. Make a withdrawal.
  8. Attempt to sell your sister/brother. Note this doesnt always work as people arent always willing to buy them
  9. Collect all your useless vouchers. Spend some of the money on them on useless things, leaving always enough that you get cash instead of voucher in return
  10. Sell your body. In pieces it is worth more than as a whole. Just like a car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that's such a cute bunny! :)

Hey Hillz you've been very enthusiastic with your blogging especially given that you only started this website yesterday! I will restrain myself from any comments about your grammar except to say that you are dropping apostrophes left, right and centre, and the poor things are feeling rather sad. :( I know these things. (Hmm, guess those restraints aren't working too well.)

Anyway. Fingers crossed we are not afflicted by any more power cuts today, because if I miss Gilby and Dilana together I'm going to be somewhat vexed.

So, 6 category wins and 14 runner-up placings for Veronica Mars in the Tubeys, not bad at all. Not quite as good as last year's 13 wins and 7 runner-ups, but there's still one day to go, and the Best Writing category is still up for grabs. I predict a Runner Up placing for that one this time.

Oh, I posted on the Hobb board today re: Forest Mage, the thread was entitled "Forest Mage: The Negative Opinions Thread". Hmm. Not a great sign. Not a GREAT book, but not bad by any stretch of the imagination, and any book that can make me cry to the point of actual sobbing scores points by me.

Quote of the Day:

"These guys know what they're doing on a level that intimidates me." - Joss Whedon

Any guesses what he's talking about? :)

Hillz said...

heh, gee i wonder... could it be... VERONICA MARS?

im just a fan of apostrophes clearly. or i wasnt paying much attention which is usually the case with my grammar