Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Polythene Pam

So, what to use this blog for? I dunno. I could write whatever I want, thats kinda strange. Whatever I write I guess I better edit pretty carefully, or the comments section will be full up of Kate correcting my grammer and or spelling. Thats one of the perils of having a friend who has an English Degree.

Anyways, the title describes how I feel today, and why there may never be a photo of me on this website. For those of you that dont know, the song goes "Have you seen Polythene Pam, she's so good-looking that she looks like a man". I've never thought that was a compliment on pam herself, more a thinly veiled insult. Since I've been sick all day, I feel a bit of an uggo. My eyes are all puffy, my nose is running, my hands are covered in scratches from the overactive kitten. Who is actually a cat, but since she has decided to act like a crazy little kitten, thats what she gets called.

So I never thought I would get addicted to anything Martha Stewart-ish. But I watched her talk show today, and the way that woman handles a pumpkin! She was doing pumpkin carving, something our halloween hating society has totally missed out on, and she just made it look like something everyone could do. So I got up, got a small knife and a kumara in leiu of a pumpkin, and away I went. I am NOT artistic. Twenty minutes later, and a lot of failed artistic attempts, I was enjoying a nice bowl of kumara mash, and vowing never to try that again. Stupid Martha Stewart.

Oh well, I guess this is a start, and I will attempt to be more amusing in the future. I dont make any promises

No comments: