Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Ah the responsibility of being a blogger. Trying to come up with something of interest to say. Trying to come up with a theme to go with. Ive seen blogs dedicated to diseases, infertility, television, feminist rage, daschunds, monkey poetry...

I dont know where I'm going to go with this. The only idea so far is to keep a theme running through the titles. Im already struggling and this is only my third one. And this post is nothing to do with hearts, or moons. But about power. So you have to think abstractly with the heading. And think to the middle of the song where Bonnie Tyler tells you "Im living in a power keg and giving off sparks"

Last night we had a power cut. We were sitting in our lounge happily watching tv, middle of the latest season of Amazing Race, fingers crossed that the hippies would do well this time, and boom. Everything went off. Just as i took a bite into a tortilla wrap I had made, and accidentally put too much chilli sauce and natural yoghurt in, so I really needed to see what I was doing. When the power went back on two and half hours later, I could see I was going to have to do some clothes washing in the near future. Of course the power only went back on after our regularly scheduled tv viewing was finished. Stupid power. Its amazing how addicted we are to TV and heating, and hot drinks, and hot water.

Fortunately I had recently bought a torch. Unfortunately I wanted to finish eating my food, so Kate got to light the candles. Kate and fire do not mix. Three candles lit later, we need to buy a new box of matches. She is scared of burning her fingers on the matches so she lights one match, lights one candle, then throws the match at the next wick and just hopes something will happen. All that tends to happen is the match goes out.

So we spent the next hour or so reading the laptop in the light of the candles. Thanks to Television without Pity we managed to not miss a second of The Amazing Race. Unfortunately because we are behind America I now know who wins this season, but Kate doesnt. And Miss Alli is a great recapper. So very funny even though she hates the hippies and we love them. Fortunately she also hates Frankenbarry, so she shows a little good taste there.

Sadly TWoP doesnt recap NCIS, so we totally missed that. Hopefully my dad will have taped it. The power came on 4 minutes after NCIS finished. Stupid power.


Today I went for a walk, and down the road there is a power box, and its got this huge dent in it. And it sparked at me when I walked past. Now I'm no expert, but I dont think thats a great sign. So fingers crossed for no power cuts tonight. Because tonight is Rockstar night. And tonight Gilby (the pirate king) is playing guitar while Dilana sings. Or rasps really. And its got to be awesome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not much to say cept yay hillzie for having a blog... and here's a celebratory bunny:

(\ /)
( . .) ~ yay hillzie!
c(")(")

Hillz said...

awww cute little bunny

Anonymous said...

Yeep! Imagine missing the AMAZING RACE!! I love that show. GO THE HIPPIES!! They were my team from the start, whereas Sheryn chose the mother and daughter.

Hee, I know who wins also... BWA HA!!

Did I miss anything important on the second episode of NCIS?? I missed it, and am not really a TWoP person.

Hillz said...

they dont do NCIS on twop. didnt i say that?